Sunday 28 October 2012

Punk Rock big year

If all goes well, this post should go up on October 28. Hopefully at this point I will have added 3 or 4 year birds! I should be on the southern James Bay coast until November 1st, and back in southern Ontario late on November 3.

----------------------------------------------------------------



Some of you probably remember Paul Riss, a father of twins and director at an advertising agency who embarked on an Ontario big year last year. From the sounds of it, it was an insanely busy year but he stuck with it to the end. As an interesting twist, he promised that he would tattoo the latin name of every bird species he saw throughout the year!

Paul went to great lengths to ensure the entire year was documented, and now he wants to go through and finish the film. Unfortunately he is left to funding everything himself, so he is hoping to raise 10,000$ to go towards producing the documentary. Check out the following link for more information including how to donate! I know he will really appreciate it, and it will go a long ways towards helping him out with his goal. I'm already getting excited about this documentary as I'm sure it will be kick-ass...

http://www.indiegogo.com/PRBY?c=home

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there. I hope all goes well for you on the southern James Bay coastline. I have spent much time in that world, the people, and the land, and birds, and animals are terrific. I live in Toronto, and this past Friday, my wife and I came upon an adult Saw-Whet Owl out in the bush. This was the first time as birders that we had ever seen a Saw-Whet Owl. Fortunately, we had our camera with us and got some good pictures and video. We have posted them for anyone interested at: http://frametoframe.ca/photo-essay-northern-saw-whet-owl-sighting

Paul Riss said...

Thanks for the post Josh. You're killing it this year. Happy to see you smashing the record.