Sunday 16 April 2017

Point Pelee for the Long Weekend

This weekend I decided to head down to Point Pelee for the long weekend. Laura was flying home to be with her parents in Nova Scotia on Thursday night, returning back into Ontario the following Tuesday, so I decided on taking Monday off work and take advantage of the stat holiday to make it a four day weekend.

When I get back home I will start editing my photos and put together proper posts, but for now I will post a few images that I have edited so far. It has been an awesome weekend so far with quite a smattering of rare birds and a few early records.  Along with birding a combination of warm weather, early spring wildflowers, a variety of cool herps, and an abundance of butterflies has led to a fantastic weekend.

4 (of 7) Black-necked Stilts - Windsor, Essex County

Black-necked Stilts - Windsor, Essex County

Trumpeter Swan - Leamington onion fields, Essex County

5 (of 36) American Avocets - Hillman Marsh CA, Essex County

Lark Sparrow - Point Pelee National Park, Essex County

Marsh Wren - Point Pelee National Park, Essex County

No comments: